Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Plastics, anyone?

Today the weather is quite fine though last afternoon rain poured really hard.
Well, at least I can feel sunshine :)

Hear, hear,

about two weeks ago I accompanied my sister to a gift shop (she was looking a present for her friend). While she's searching the most suitable present (according to her budget, haha), I went wandering around in the store.

In one corner I was destined to saw it: a chic and cool shopping bag with big fonts in its front side. "This is not a plastic bag", it says.

God, my green-shopping pasion suddenly arose. I started touching it, feeling its material -which was quite organic and natural-, opening it, and reading its labels. It's typed there that the bag was a part of a campaign from wearewhatwedo.org and reusablebags.com and by buying it I am contributing to their bigger campaigns.

Well, that was temptating.. ; )

But then I read the price tags.. phew.. 75k IDR
Not that expensive, but also not that cheap.
Hm, in the end I decided not to purchase it..

Rethinking of what I did that day, I'm sure that I made the right move.

First, because saving that amount of money is worth it. I can then buy books or something else beside a really cool bag :P

Second, because I believe that green-living doesn't only mean buying products that are environmentally friendly, but also by re-using what we already have (ehm, considering I already have two or three bags of my own :p). That way we can also save some natural resources needed to produce those lovely stuffs (no matter how organic those materials are).

Cheers : )

P.S. By the way, I don't think I would reject if anyone
of you give me that bag as a New Year's gift :D

No comments: