Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On Wedding Invitation

Last week I received a wedding invitation from one dear friend. It was a lovely one, for sure. The printing was smooth and nice… It’s orange-ish (my favorite color lately :D). And as my friend told me, it was well-concept and designed. But the best part of the invitation for me: the fact that although it’s beautiful; it is still clear, precise, and informational. Nothing too much or wasteful… Unlike those typical pricey-thick-card board-perfumed-wasting tons of wood products-what the hell is it for!-kind of invitation. (He he… So full of rage :D)

One interesting point I got from the whole thing is: the purpose and meaning of an invitation itself.

Not just mere invitation, the shed of paper is a way of showing who the bride, groom, and or their family are; and in some way, their sense of art :D

Some couple designs their invitation really well, and even spends lots of money on it. Some sees it as a rather small part of the whole wedding thing, so it’s not a big thing to fuss about. Either way, it’s each couple’s decision.

Why am I concerned with the whole invitation thingy? Hm, most probably because I’m thinking about one myself :D

So, it kinda made me wonder, why and how my future husband and I are going to create and design our wedding invitation… I think, one bold principle we’re going to hold on is: trying to present it as green as possible…

My plan is… On recycled paper; greenly designed, processed, and delivered; and hopefully most of our guests doesn’t mind receiving it through their e-mails…

Hopefully... Amiin..

No comments: